Survival 1.14.4 Release Date

RFSMassacre

Owner
RFSMassacre
RFSMassacre
Owner
Survival 1.14.4 Release Date
It's here, everyone! We're officially reaching a close to the development of Survival's 1.14.4 release. The expected release date is Friday, August 23rd, 2019.

And before everyone starts to ask, let me run a few things down. Survival's 1.13 progress will not be carried over into 1.14 due to several things:
  • The world-save being over 210 GBs big and we need to cut down on data in order to have enough space on our server machine.
  • Converting chunk data into 1.14 still won't generate the new structures unless you travel farther than 3 million blocks because of people who have traveled that far out.
  • Converting chunk data into 1.14 had a huge chance for corrupted chunks.
  • Many players already have maxed out their progression and requested for progress not to carry over to give everyone a fresh start.
Many of the long-time players may have remembered we have done this for a few major Minecraft updates in a row, so the development team thinks it's best we continue this trend to ensure the game remains enjoyable and fair for all players. Some players will be upset there's a progression reset in the first place but for major updates, it's a necessity.

Along with this, we will be adding in a world border to ensure the world data does not exponentially grow like before. The first world border length will be set to 100K blocks in all directions. Please bear in mind that the server machine does not have infinite space when you travel and load brand new chunks so be considerate. If you must travel out as far as possible for any reason, do it with good intent.

I do have to note that Thursday night to Friday morning, Survival and Demo will be down for maintenance and prepping for the new release. Once done, the Demo server will be closed and Survival will be open.

And lastly, I must point out some important things to get everyone started in the release:
  • To leave spawn you have to RTP out by going to the Dock and talking to the Captain NPC. RTPing 200 blocks out is free! (Donors can use the command /rtp.)
  • Remember to speak to the NPCs in the town starter area if you need some info. (Some info is outdated and yet to be updated.)
  • When you respawn, it uses vanilla mechanics. You will respawn at either your bed or the spawn of the Overworld. (Athens is in a separate world.)
  • mcMMO progression is known to be slower than before. This is something to do with the overhaul system and the config file doesn't seem to respond to experience changes. (This could change soon, not so sure though.)

Last edited:

Domekie

So will anything be carried over? IE donor ranks, purchased spawners? And what about already purchased and spent McMMO credits? Will those be refunded so they can be redistributed or will they be a total loss?

RFSMassacre

Owner
RFSMassacre
RFSMassacre
Owner
So will anything be carried over? IE donor ranks, purchased spawners? And what about already purchased and spent McMMO credits? Will those be refunded so they can be redistributed or will they be a total loss?
Donated things within a certain amount of time from the release will be given again upon request.

Consumables like money and mcMMO points might have a price change but not currently, so if there is one by then it’ll be based on the amount spent not the amount of points previously had as the worth of these things are subject to change. Permanent things like donor ranks, spawners, and soul bound items are gonna be given back.

However people can’t claim things from over a year ago because it would be unfair to recollect everything you no longer were using to get ahead of free-to-play players.

The major thing that will change, however, is werewolf levels because we no longer will be selling those. Instead we will be selling race boosters that give you 50% more points when leveling. The price of the old points bought will transfer into the worth of that many boosters of your choice.

Fiammata

Omega
Fiammata
Fiammata
Omega
OmG responding at our beds will be absolutely wonderful. Of course be sure to use a safe bed--one directly on the ground, with no other blocks around it at all, so you don't inadvertently spawn into the wall and die.

Please keep feature.
It's the only decent thing about a reset.

Last edited:

victorvdbrand19

is there a way I can keep the stuff I built cuz I just built a skyscraper that I'm super proud of and that took me really long to build.
like you can strip me of everything but plz not my buildings.