Survival 1.14.4 Release DateIt's here, everyone! We're officially reaching a close to the development of Survival's 1.14.4 release. The expected release date is Friday, August 23rd, 2019.
And before everyone starts to ask, let me run a few things down. Survival's 1.13 progress will not be carried over into 1.14 due to several things:
- The world-save being over 210 GBs big and we need to cut down on data in order to have enough space on our server machine.
- Converting chunk data into 1.14 still won't generate the new structures unless you travel farther than 3 million blocks because of people who have traveled that far out.
- Converting chunk data into 1.14 had a huge chance for corrupted chunks.
- Many players already have maxed out their progression and requested for progress not to carry over to give everyone a fresh start.
Along with this, we will be adding in a world border to ensure the world data does not exponentially grow like before. The first world border length will be set to 100K blocks in all directions. Please bear in mind that the server machine does not have infinite space when you travel and load brand new chunks so be considerate. If you must travel out as far as possible for any reason, do it with good intent.
I do have to note that Thursday night to Friday morning, Survival and Demo will be down for maintenance and prepping for the new release. Once done, the Demo server will be closed and Survival will be open.
And lastly, I must point out some important things to get everyone started in the release:
- To leave spawn you have to RTP out by going to the Dock and talking to the Captain NPC. RTPing 200 blocks out is free! (Donors can use the command /rtp.)
- Remember to speak to the NPCs in the town starter area if you need some info. (Some info is outdated and yet to be updated.)
- When you respawn, it uses vanilla mechanics. You will respawn at either your bed or the spawn of the Overworld. (Athens is in a separate world.)
- mcMMO progression is known to be slower than before. This is something to do with the overhaul system and the config file doesn't seem to respond to experience changes. (This could change soon, not so sure though.)