USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Become one of us today, click to join!

1.16.2 Update - Read Thoroughly!

RFSMassacre

Owner
Admin
Omega
1.16.2 Update - Read Thoroughly!

It’s finally here! The update for 1.16.2, Merfolk, and talents is finally ready for the public. Please keep in mind that the changes for the update were so vast that we couldn’t just update it on the current map. Read through this post fully to get more information on that. The update will be out on Monday, August 24th at 12:00 PM EST.

Survival & Legacy Servers
The new server with all the updates will take the place of the current Survival server and the old server will be renamed to Legacy. The Legacy server will be preserved for as long as the community wants since there is no need to get rid of it. We have enough space to have both servers up since we have prepared for a case where we might need more space. To access the Legacy server simply type /legacy.

Major Changes
  • Infections are no longer instant. They use the method from the original Vampire plugin where you start with an infection of 1 and you have to wait until it reaches 100. This gives you time to cure yourself so you don’t lose your RXP (Race XP.)
  • There are no more subraces in the game. It is replaced by Tier 1 talents which mimic the way the subraces were. You get to pick this once infected at LVL 0. This is the case regardless of how you get infected.
  • Hunting and Human perks are coming in a later update but the hunting mechanics will be remade from top to bottom.
  • Washed gear and Purified gear only increase protections against infections and will prevent the infection from spreading. It no longer gives mitigation of supernatural damage.
  • Trackers no longer link to one person. They instead notify you of how many nearby supernaturals of that type.
  • Sanguine Vampires and Undead Vampires have been combined. This means you can use Bloodlust Talent and still transform into a bat if you wanted to.
  • You must pick a Tier 1 talent as a Werewolf immediately or you do not get your buffs while transformed.
  • All races earn RXP passively while playing the game.

Merfolk
The new race added for this update is called Merfolk! They specialize in living underwater and ocean-related abilities. The core aspect of them is unveiled when you see their talents. You can be like a pufferfish, swim incredibly fast, or even collect extra food from the ocean.

To become a Merfolk, you need to make the Tidal Conch. Once crafted, jump into the water and drown yourself. The Tidal Conch will resurrect you and your infection rate will begin.

To become Human again, simply craft a Little Flame. Right-click it and it’ll cure you.

Talent System
By typing /talent, you open up the Talent Menu for your race. As you level up you unlock the tier of choices. They go up by 15 LVLs for each tier. However, the rate of required RXP to LVL up is exponential. As you level up it’ll be harder. Currently, you gain RXP passively. (This does not give the excuse to bypass the AFK kicker.) Talents can be useful for some scenarios over others.

Plugins To Come Soon
There is a small list of plugins that currently don’t work on 1.16.2 (yet.) We prioritized the latest version for bug fixes. These will be added after they have been updated for 1.16.2.
  • Brewery
  • EnchantsPlus
  • MyPet
  • MoreVaultsPlus

Donations
Because we do not plan on removing the Legacy server if you want to keep your old stuff and builds you can always go back to it. Rather than wiping everything, we decided to compromise in that way. We also made a separate server because not everyone will like the new changes. And trust me, players that are PVP centric will not like the update as the update focuses on new powers and PVE related challenges, especially for Merfolk.

There will be a massive sale when launching the new update so players can get what they have in the Legacy server and for new players to be able to get a rank or consumable. I also want to reward donors who have donated a ton to the server to show some appreciation, so DM me if you feel like you might be eligible for a coupon code.

Last edited:

MrNoodles135

While playing the new survival server, I became a werewolf. I attempted to transform, but I only did so for a second, and my skin was not changed to that of a werewolf, it was the same, and a werewolf player skin simply followed me to wherever I went. This lasted only for a few seconds, before it said "you are disguised as a human" and the werewolf player skin despawned. Please let me know what this means, since it was not explained in this forum.

RFSMassacre

Owner
Admin
Omega
While playing the new survival server, I became a werewolf. I attempted to transform, but I only did so for a second, and my skin was not changed to that of a werewolf, it was the same, and a werewolf player skin simply followed me to wherever I went. This lasted only for a few seconds, before it said "you are disguised as a human" and the werewolf player skin despawned. Please let me know what this means, since it was not explained in this forum.
Thanks for posting this. I just fixed the issue. Forgot to change the settings to the plugin.

MrNoodles135

I tried playing as a werewolf again, and when I turned, I did not get the player reskin. I had the buffs but looked the same.
Also, vampires now burn almost instantly in the sun, whereas before they burned very slowly, I have heard many players complain that vamps are now nerfed. I did however see the suggestion that the daywalker talent should be buffed to like 200% due to the rate at which vamps now burn. Another solution would be making vampires start to get the effects of being in the sun after ten or maybe fifteen seconds. The new burn rate of vamps is terrible and you cannot even travel twenty blocks before getting nausea. Please take these changes into consideration, as it would make being a vampire much more enjoyable.