Villagers From Villager Spawner Disappearing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by theravingdorito, May 28, 2017.

1. theravingdorito

theravingdorito
    Expand Collapse

1. Yes. The area is thoroughly lit. (Torches everywhere!)

2. Yes. The area is enclosed.

[​IMG]

Trust me, there is a villager behind the lantern. RIP Jr. (11 emeralds for loot 3 T_T) (Also it has occurred to me I should have left the lantern up so you could see he was there. ._. my bad)

[​IMG]

Tp'd to Batsy. When I returned a few moments later:

[​IMG]

This is located on a Mushroom Island, underground. Nothing spawns while i'm standing around. Even if zombies were spawning, It doesn't explain why the villagers despawn the moment the chunks are unloaded.

Any help or assistance to resolve this issue would be wonderful. I tested multiple times to the same result.

2. StegoKat

StegoKat
    Expand Collapse
    Retired Staff

If there are too many villagers spawning in a certain area, it will not work. You need to make your pen a lot larger, there's a maximum amount of mobs that can spawn in a chunk.

Also, spawners on the server only work by one spawning at a time. Once a single mob has spawned, it must be killed to get another one.

3. theravingdorito

theravingdorito
    Expand Collapse

The spawner is in a larger room in a separate chunk. This isn't about villagers not spawning, this is about them despawning once I have left the loaded area (my house is on an island close by, so if I just stick around my base everything is fine). Even ones that have wondered out of the chunk get despawned.

[​IMG]

That is the location of the spawner, and the holding area of the villager to the right. The moment I leave, say, to spawn, no matter where the villager is they despawn. Also, someone else (EzElise?) said that their shulkers don't despawn at all until they kill them.

Thank you though for answering Kat <3 I appreciate any sort of help :3 It is a possibility that I have missed something, but I used the f3 + G debug to make sure the villagers were outside of the chunk of the spawner and that there was atleast a full chunk between them.

4. MrDutchie

MrDutchie
    Expand Collapse
    Retired Staff

I know why,

Because the villagers are from a spawner, it is seen as a mob, as soon you leave the area, they will despawn, just like the mobs. This is why your villagers despawn when you go away.

Have a good day further.

Greetings
    Stan

5. direwolf1905

direwolf1905
    Expand Collapse

Rip, that means that there is no point to buying a villager spawner cause then they instantly despawn even if you get insane trade (5 emeralds and a book for mending)