Accepted Trushi's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Trushi, Jun 6, 2017.

?

Do You Support This Applicant?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2017.
  1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trushi

Trushi
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Retired Staff

• What is your in-game name? - Trushi

• Have you changed your name in the past? If you have, please list them all. -
    ▪ PinkYoshi211
    ▪ PinkYoshiPvP
    ▪ PinkYoshi
    ▪ Trushi

• Does anyone else have access to your Minecraft account? - My brother knows my account details, however he never logs onto Minecraft without my permission, and I fully trust him.

• What is your real name? - Leo

• How old are you? - I'm 12.

• What country are you currently living in? - Canada

• What is your time zone? - Eastern Time

• What language(s) can you speak? -
    ▪ English
    • Are you able to join our Discord server with a working microphone? – Yes.

• Have you been on our Discord? - Yes, I have been on New Heaven's Discord.

• Are you willing to check the forums on a regular basis? - Yes, I am willing to check the forums regularly.

• Have you been punished on New Heaven in the past? If yes, what for? Please list them all and specify where the punishment happened. - I have not been punished on New Heaven in the past.

• How long has it been since you joined New Heaven? - About 5-6 months.

• How many hours would you say you spend on New Heaven each day? - About 1-2 hours on weekdays, and about 2-4 hours on weekends.

• If you were staff, would your active time on New Heaven change? - If possible, I would spend more time on New Heaven.

• Are there any specific times or days that you are unavailable and cannot get online? Please include school and work hours.- During the Fall to the Winter, I am usually unavailable on Tuesday nights, Wednesdays from 5 PM - 9:30 PM, Thursdays from 6 PM - 8:30 PM, Fridays from 7 PM - 10:15 PM, and occasional weekends. During the summer, I am usually available almost always, except for occasional summer camps.

• Do you have any issues (such as health) that could affect your performance as staff? - No, I do not have any issues.

• What are some of your greatest strengths? Please list them -

• I have a good work ethic, and when I am working on something, I can often get a lot done.

• I have good problem solving skills, and I am used to answering questions that are often extremely confusing.

• I do my best to not be toxic and not swear.

• I am very patient, and often wait for people without getting frustrated if they are late, or take a while to do something.

• I try to be nice and welcoming to everyone, and am cool with talking to people about most subjects

• What are some of your greatest weaknesses? Please list them -

• I sometimes let myself get angry when something in game doesn't go my way.

• I easily get triggered when people act dumb on purpose or are annoying "for fun".

• I am not good at talking to many people at once.

• I am not very experienced with the plugins and commands that staff members use.

• In what ways could you positively contribute to the community? -

• I am very good at PvP, and can help give people PvP tips. I use lesser known strategies such as w-tapping, aiming for a player's head (to deal more knockback), and am also good at strafing and combos.

• I often help players start out, by giving them gear and answering basic questions.

• I see myself as someone who isn't toxic that anybody can come to when they are looking for someone with an unbiased opinion regarding something.

• I've played Minecraft since 2012, and I am very knowledgeable with how many of the obscure things in the game work, and I can help players who aren't as knowledgeable.
    • What experiences do you have with moderating a community or game? - I have a few different experiences from helping with multiple groups on a few different games and servers, and am used to the environment of helping out. I don't take advantage of my position to force people to do things for myself, and I try to not make it seem like I am "better than someone else" by being a staff member.

Scenarios:

• Explain how you would react to each of these situations on Minecraft if you were Helper. Answer as honestly as possible.
    A player is asking for help with something that we have detailed guides for.

Example: ‘Do Vampires burn in the sun?
    How do you answer them?
    - I would answer by saying: "Vampires do burn in the sun. If you have any more questions about vampires, consult the guide at new-heaven.us/vampire".

Example: ‘Which race is better, Vampires or Werewolves?
    How do you answer them?
    - I would answer by saying: "Each race has it's own pros and cons, and there is no 'better race'. If you want to see the entire list of the pros and cons of each race, consult the guides at new-heaven.us/vampire and new-heaven.us/werewolf."

Example: ‘How do I leave spawn?
    How do you answer them?
    - I would answer by saying: "You can either use the guard at spawn to teleport to the exit of spawn, or you can use the captain at spawn to teleport to a random area outside of spawn. However, using the captain costs rubees."

A player is asking for help with something that we do not have guides for.

Example: ‘How do I sell things?’
    How do you answer them?
    - I would answer: "You can sell items at the npc shops at spawn, or you can sell items by putting them in the auction house. To put them in the auction house, you need to hold the item and then type /ah sell (price). You can then access the item using /ah."

Example: ‘I died and lost my items, can you replace them?’
    Example: ‘I died and can't find my items, can you help me find them?
    How do you answer them?
    - I would answer: "I can't help with getting items, sorry."

A player is being disrespectful to you. They are swearing and cursing at you.- I would warn them to stop. If they didn't listen to me, I would temporarily mute them.

Players are role playing in the Global Channel- I would ask them to join the role play chat channel. If they didn't listen, I would give them a warning. If they still did not listen, I would temporarily mute them.

A player has made it clear they do not like the current conversation in Global.- I would first check of the current conversation was appropriate in chat. If it was appropriate to be in chat, I would ask that player to /ignore the players in the conversation. If it was inappropriate to be in chat, I would warn the players in the conversation. If the players did not listen, I would temporarily mute them.

A rule is being broken and you are the only staff online.- I would record or screenshot proof of the rule being broken, and I would report it to a higher ranked staff member on discord.

A rule is being broken while a Mod or higher is also online.- I would tell the higher ranked staff member that a rule was being broken. If they were afk or didn't see my message, I would record or screenshot proof of the rule being broken, and I would report it to a higher ranked staff member on discord.

You are the only staff on the server and you wish to log off. There are other staff online on discord.- I would telll the staff online on discord that I was logging off, and I would ask if anyone could go online before I logged off.

• Explain how you would react to each of these situations on the Forums if you were Helper. Answer as honestly as possible.
    A user has posted the same thread multiple times.- I would delete the extra threads and warn them to not post the same thread multiple times. If they didn't listen, I would ask a higher ranked staff member to temporarily revoke their posting permissions.

A user has posted a thread in the wrong place.- I would move the thread and direct them to the proper place for the next time they need to post.

A user has posted inappropriate content.- I would delete the inappropriate content and ask them to not post inappropriate content again. If they don't listen, I would ask a higher ranked staff member to temporarily revoke their posting permissions.

• Explain how you would react to each of these situations on Discord if you were Helper. Answer as honestly as possible.
    A user needs a role in order to enter a room that a few others are in.- I would first check if they are supposed to be able to get that role. If they are supposed to be able to, I would give them that role. If they aren't supposed to be able to, I wouldn't give them the role and let them know that they aren't able to get the role.

A user is spamming in one of the text channels.- I would ask them to stop spamming and delete their spammy messages. If they don't listen, I would temporarily mute them and delete their spammy messages.

A user is spamming loud noises in the Voice Channels.- I would ask them to stop spamming loud noises. If they don't listen, I would temporarily mute them.

A user is hanging out in a Voice Channel with the purpose of annoying the people trying to use that room.- I would ask them to stop annoying the other people. If they don't listen, I would temporarily mute them.

There is a user with an inappropriate nickname.- I would ask them to change their nickname to an appropriate nickname. If they don't listen, I would forcibly change it to their default discord name. If that default discord name is inappropriate, I would forcibly change their nickname to something appropriate.

• Is there anything else which you would like to add which you feel is important that isn’t covered in any of the previous sections? - My schedule is very flexible, as I am homeschooled, so if something important is happening, I can try to adjust my schedule to make it.

jpgashton likes this.
  2. Frosted_Angel

Frosted_Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Admin
    Staff Member Admin

Deemed Suitable

This application has been officially opened for peer review since the answers have met the requirements that the staff team are looking for. We wish you good luck as the community will now be taking over with their votes and responses to this application

3. DarkKorbyn

DarkKorbyn
    Expand Collapse

I'm gonna start off by saying that I am considered pessimistic, so sorry for anything that may seem a bit nitpicky.

Upon first glance, this application looks well written, well punctuated, and overall looks very clean. I have however noticed some things that need pointing out. The first, being your age. I am aware that age doesn't seem to have much meaning on the server, but from my experience it has great effect. One of these is how people treat you. Even if you may seem mature, others will automatically consider you weaker of mind, thus easy to manipulate, which isn't entirely wrong. In fact, you're maturity level will be considered heavily due to your age.

A second thing I've noticed which sort of stems off of my first point is in regards to your advantages and disadvantages. From what I've heard, the point you make about being patient, or as you write it, "I am very patient, and often wait for people without getting frustrated if they are late, or take a while to do something." is completely false. In fact, you even say so in your application the two points in the disadvantages section, stating:
    • I sometimes let myself get angry when something in game doesn't go my way.
    • I easily get triggered when people act dumb on purpose or are annoying "for fun".
    This, in my eyes, shows two things. The first being my original point, of how your maturity could be a major factor, the other being hypocritical.

I don't want this to drag on too long, as certain people apparently can't be arsed to read more than two paragraphs, so I'll keep the final message brief. Other than these two points, the application doesn't seem too bad. If you do however get denied though, I would recommend coming back to this application if you choose to write another, and take what I put here under consideration.

Have a wonderful day,
    ~Dark

Trushi likes this.
  4. Trushi

Trushi
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Retired Staff

The two points in the disadvantages section don't necessarily mean being impatient, they just mean getting angry / triggered.

HotCocoCup likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.