Accepted jpgashton: Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by jpgashton, May 29, 2017.

?

Do You Support This Applicant?

Poll closed Jun 12, 2017.
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpgashton

jpgashton
    Expand Collapse
    Retired Staff

• What is your in-game name? - jpgashton
      • Have you changed your name in the past? If you have, please list them all. - Listed in order:
        • restlessash
        • ExposedSquish
        • ChildofPluto
        • DaddyAsh
      • Does anyone else have access to your account? - No, no one does and no one ever will.
      • What is your real name? - My name is Ashanta.

• How old are you? - I’m 14.

• What country are you currently living in? - I live in Canada.

• What is your time zone? - Central Time Zone.

• What language(s) can you speak? -
        • English

• Minimal French
      • Are you able to join our Discord server with a working microphone? – Yes, I already do.

• Have you been on our Discord? - I have been for over a year.

• Are you willing to check the forums on a regular basis? - Of course.

• Have you been punished on New Heaven in the past? If yes, what for? Please list them all. -
        • I was kicked from the Discord server about 8 months ago by Evin. It was for imitating SmaugKiller. I joined back after a few minutes though.
      • How long has it been since you joined New Heaven? - It’s been around 14 months.

• How many hours would you say you spend on New Heaven each day? - I try to spend a minimum of 2 hours.

• If you were staff, would your active time on New Heaven change? - Yes, I’d be on a lot more and make time. I’d probably be on for a minimum of 3-4 hours.

• Are there any specific times or days that you are unavailable and cannot get online? - Sunday, Wednesday and Friday from 4:00PM-6:00PM.
      • Do you have any issues (such as health) that could affect your performance as staff? - No.

• What are some of your greatest strengths? Please list them -
        • Flexibility: I’m flexible and quick to adapt to a variety of situations. I can work through complex problems when being put on the spot and able to solve through situations of any sort.

• Patience: In general I am a very patient person, as I understand that some people are slower or harder to work with than others.
      • What are some of your greatest weaknesses? Please list them -
        • Second guessing: I second-guess too much, and ask a bit too many questions. I’m just scared of messing up and looking stupid, so I always tend to double-check everything more times than needed.

• Lazy: I’m only lazy when it comes to tasks in which the consequence only affects me. An example would me not doing my homework and start to procrastinate.
      • In what ways could you positively contribute to the community? - I have a very kind personality, I want to make people feel like this is a safe server to be themselves. It’s great to make friends, especially ones that you can play on a great server with! I want people to also get a good impression of the staff because when staff seems approachable and nice, it’s easier to communicate and they’re no longer scared of them. In general, I just want people to be happy and enjoy playing something that they like. I love to please people and make them happy.

• What experiences do you have with moderating a community or game? - I was a helper on New Heaven for around 3 months. I resigned due to personal reasons. I was also a Moderator on a popular Discord server, also resigned because I didn’t enjoy how it started to become.

Scenarios:
      • Explain how you would react to each of these situations on Minecraft as honestly as possible.
      A player is asking for help with something that we have detailed guides for.

Example: ‘Do Vampires burn in the sun?’

How do you answer them? -
      “Yes, they do. In case you have any more questions about the Vampire race, here’s a link. http://new-heaven.us/vampire/”

Example: ‘Which race is better, Vampires or Werewolves?’

How do you answer them?
      - “We all have our personal preferences, details on both races can be found at: http://new-heaven.us/vampire/ and http://new-heaven.us/werewolf/.”

Example: ‘How do I leave spawn?’

“There is a guard right at the front when you’re first at /spawn. Right-click on him, and click on the option that leads you to the front gates to leave.”

A player is asking for help with something that we do not have guides for.

Example: ‘How do I sell things?’

“You can sell things in /ah, make a shop at spawn, or just sell things to NPC’s. If you have any questions on how to do one, just ask me! :)

Example: ‘I died and lost my items, can you replace them?’

Example: ‘I died and can't find my items, can you help me find them?

“I’m sorry, but I cannot play the game for you. I suggest getting a friend to possibly help you replace or find your items.”

A player is being disrespectful to you. They are swearing and cursing at you. - I’ll politely tell them to stop with a warning. If they continue, they’ll be temporarily muted.

Players are role playing in the Global Channel - I would remind the players that they can go into ‘Local chat’, where they can role-play together.

A player has made it clear they do not like the current conversation in Global. - I’ll let them know that they can use local chat, or server chat.

A rule is being broken and you are the only staff online. - Depending on what rule is being broken, I’ll do my best to take care of it myself until a higher-ranked staff member is online. If it’s something I can fix with ease, I’ll do it.

A rule is being broken while a Mod or higher is also online. - I’ll make a mod aware of the rule breaking, or whoever is higher that is online.

You are the only staff on the server and you wish to log off. There is other staff online on discord. - I’ll go into staff chat, and ask possible a helper or a mod to come online. Possibly both if there’s a load of people online.
      • Explain how you would react to each of these situations on the Forums as honestly as possible.
      A user has posted the same thread multiple times. - I’ll tell the user, in case it was on accident and remove their posts. If they continue on purpose, I’ll remove their posting privileges.

A user has posted a thread in the wrong place.
      - I’ll remind them that this is not the correct place, and redirect them to the section the thread is supposed to be in.

A user has posted inappropriate content. - I’ll remove the content, and revoke their posting privileges.
      • Explain how you would react to each of these situations on Discord as honestly as possible.

A user needs a role in order to enter a room that a few others are in.
      - I’ll ask the user if they own that game and if they do, to go into the #bot channel and do %Role so they can join. If they don’t play the game, I’ll just tell them to wait until they’re out of the room.

A user is spamming in one of the text channels. - I’ll remove the spam, and warn the user. If they continue, I’ll just temporary mute them.

A user is spamming loud noises in the Voice Channels. - I’ll give them a verbal warning to stop, and if they continue I’ll mute them for an hour.

A user is hanging out in a Voice Channel with the purpose of annoying the people trying to use that room. - I’ll give them a verbal warning, and if they don’t stop I’ll just mute them for an hour.

There is a user with an inappropriate nickname. - I’ll kindly ask them to change it, and if they don’t I’ll just change it to something else like “Bnetplayer”.
    • Is there anything else which you would like to add which you feel is important that isn’t covered in any of the previous sections? - I'm good.

#1 jpgashton, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Trushi likes this.
  2. RFSMassacre

RFSMassacre
    Expand Collapse
    Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Deemed Suitable

This application has been officially opened for peer review since the answers have met the requirements that the staff team are looking for. We wish you good luck as the community will now be taking over with their votes and responses to this application.

3. Zedwick_

Zedwick_
    Expand Collapse
    MS Paint Artist
    Retired Staff

Looks good! I hope you the best!

jpgashton likes this.
  4. jpgashton

jpgashton
    Expand Collapse
    Retired Staff

Thanks! You too. ☺️☺️